We made this in the store today – its really tasty, and easy to make. The perfect summer salad, since it can be served at room temperature!
Adapted from Taste of Home and All Recipes.
- 5 cups cooked orzo
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium red onion, small diced
- 20 pitted kalamata olives, cut into quarters
- 1 14-ounce can artichoke hearts (give or take), cut into eighths
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, halved
- 1/2 tablespoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 or 4 ounces reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
To a large mixing bowl, add orzo, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, olives, artichoke hearts, and parsley. Stir to combine.
Pour olive oil into orzo mixture. Juice the entire lemon into the same bowl. Add salt and grind pepper to taste. Stir gently to combine. Add feta. Stir again. Serve cold or at room temperature.