Ok, I am on a roll – first Brussels Sprouts, now carrot soufle – lets make veggies fun!! This is an amazing dish, hot OR cold. I guarantee your kids will love it. I have made this for cooking classes, even as a sampler for a retail kitchen supply store, and everyone walking by that tasted it loved it. Super simple, a GREAT holiday side dish, but also good for everyday cooking. Let me know how you like it!
1 lb carrot (steamed soft, then mashed)
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened but not warm or melted
3 eggs, beaten
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease the baking dish.
2. Mix all ingredients in bowl with a mixer.
3. Pour into an 8×8 inch glass baking dish.
4. Bake 45-50 minutes, until knife comes clean.
5. Can be served hot or cold.
6. Refrigerate after finishing serving/cooling.
7. Shouldn’t be kept for more than a couple of days, as it will lose its flavor and freshness.
8. Servings really depend on how much you choose to serve
Enjoy! Bon Appetit!